Saturday, June 26, 2010

The longest noodle in the world was 503 feet long.

June 13, 2010.
Spaghetti!
Possibly one of my favorite foods.
And definately my favorite thing I've ever cooked.

Destinee and I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs.
There was a recipe involved, but we hardly followed it.
Destinee is crazy about garlic salt.
But she didn't want to put too many eggs in?
I had to use gluten free bread crumbs.
And we completally forget a couple ingredients.
We added a dash of this, a pinch of that.
A little too much of some, not enough of another.
and they were delicious!
Like, no joke.
I must have eaten seven meatballs.


















Lessons learned:
1. When you are feeding ten people who are all except for two atleast partially Italian you should know way better than to only buy two cans of spaghetti sauce.
2. Spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce are not the same thing.
What can I say, we're learning. (:
3. Destinee should not take things out of the oven.
4. April, Destinee's sister, should not be allowed to help cook. Ex; people will notice if you use 2 cups of oil in brownies, not 1/2 cup.
5. If you tempt Destinee's step dad with homemade spaghetti he will let you in the firehouse after visiting hours.
6. And when deprived of homecooked meals my sister will eat five meatballs and three servings of spahetti in under twenty minutes.
7. So far, Destinee and I are much better at this cooking thing than previously thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment